The Quebec government will receive up to 1900 new applications under QIIP, during the period September 10, 2018, through August 31, 2019.
Applicants must have these qualifications:
- The legally acquired personal net worth of $2 million;
- Two years of suitable management or business experience within the five years preceding the application;
- Investment of $1.2 million into a passive government guaranteed investment for a period of five years bearing no interest;
- Intend to settle in the province of Quebec.
- Successful medical examination and security background check.
The Quebec Immigrant Investor Program is passive in nature, meaning individuals are not required to establish or actively manage a business in the province. Successful applicants have issued a selection certificate from Quebec for Canada immigration, which allows them to obtain Canadian permanent residence following health and criminality examinations by Federal immigration authorities.
The Quebec Investor program allows qualified immigrant investors to obtain Permanent Residence to Canada by investing CAD $1.2 million risk-free through an approved financial intermediary or by financing the investment.
- Investment without risk: The investment of CAD $1,200,000 is guaranteed by the Quebec government and returned in full after five years.
- Passive investment: No active managerial role is required after the investment is made.
- The family included in the application: All immediate members of the candidate’s family (spouse and dependent children) are included in the application and have the same status as the candidate.
- Benefits of permanent resident status: Enjoy the same benefits provided to Canadians (universal health care, free public education, access to world-class universities, etc.)