Canadian Experience Class
skilled workers who already have Canadian work experience and want to become permanent residents.
To be eligible to apply, you must:
- Have at least 1 year of full-time (or equivalent) skilled work experience in Canada
- Apply within 3 years of obtaining your skilled work experience
- Have had legal status while working, or studying, in Canada
- Meet minimum language levels in English or French; and
- Plan to live outside the province of Quebec
You can find a detailed list of eligibility requirements on the IRCC website.
Work Experience Required For CXC.
Your work experience must be Skill Type 0 (managerial occupations) or Skill Level A (professional occupations) or Skill Level B (technical occupations and skilled trades) on the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC).
It is important to note, however, that some occupations within these categories are not eligible for the program.
Your work experience must be paid, full-time or the equivalent hours part-time. Full-time means at least 30 hours per week. You must have had this work experience in Canada.
For More Information
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC) – Information about immigrating under the Canadian Experience Class. From Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
- National Occupation Classification (NOC) – The National Occupational Classification (NOC) is the nationally accepted guide to occupations in Canada.
- IRCC Help Centre – A tool that helps answer frequently asked questions on immigration matters. It offers several ways of searching through the information available, including search by keyword. From Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
- I am an international student. Can I apply for permanent residence? – Information about different immigration classes available to eligible students. From Settlement.Org